Fieldstown Apple and Mint Jelly
July 12, 2010
|Fieldstown Apple and Mint Jelly||
Recipe Type: Sauce
- 900 gram cooking apples
- 12 gram sprigs of fresh mint
- gram sugar (450g per 600mls of juice)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint per jar
- Wash and chop the apples roughly, do not peel or core. Put in a stewing pan with enough water just to cover. Simmer until apples are soft. Strain through several layers of muslin. So that the jelly remains clear do not squeeze the pulp. Leave to strain overnight.
- Return juice to stewing pan and add 12 sprigs of bruised mint including stalks. Simmer for ten minutes, strain the juice and measure. Put juice into preserving pan adding 450g of sugar to each 600mls of juice. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved, then boil rapidly until a little of the jelly will set when dropped onto a cold plate.
- Remove scum and pour into sterilised pots adding some freshly chopped mint. Leave to cool then cover.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe