July 12, 2010
Recipe Type: Main
Homemade fish cakes are much better then shop-bought type!
- 450 grams cooked, mashed potatoes
- 450 grams cooled mixed white and smoked fish such as haddock of cod flaked
- 2 tablespoons butted-cubed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg-seperated
- 1 egg-beated
- 50g approx. fine breadcrumbs made with stale bread.
- pinch of pepper
- vegetable oil-for shallow frying
- Place the patatoes in a bowl and beat in the fish, butter, parsley and egg yolk. Season to taste with pepper.
- Divide the fish mixture into eight equal portions, then, with floured hands. form each into a flat cake.
- Beat the remaining egg white with the whole egg. Dip each fish cake into the beaten egg and then into the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the fish cakes for about 3-5 minutes on each side, until crisp and golden. Drain on kitchen paper and serve hot with a crisp salad.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe