Beef Pot Roast
July 12, 2010
|Beef Pot Roast||
Recipe Type: Main
Traditional dish good for winter days
- 2 kilogram round beef roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon carrots peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon parsnip peeled and cut into large pieces
- 4 tablespoon sticks of celery cut into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon large onion roughly chopped
- tablespoon bunch of fresh herbs
- 300 millilitres stock and red wine
- millilitres salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Heat the oil in a heavy dish and brown the meat on all sides. Add the vegetables, garlic, herbs and the stock and wine if desired. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover with the lid and place in the oven to cook for 2 to 3 hours until tender.
- Serve the sliced beef and vegetables with mashed potato garnished with chopped fresh parsley.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe