July 12, 2010
Recipe Type: Appetiser
These beef rolls contain a delicious filling
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 rashers/bacon-finely chopped
- 115 grams mushrooms-chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon-grated rind and juice only
- 115 grams fresh breadcrumbs
- 675 grams top side of beef-cut into 8 thin slices
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 3 onions-sliced
- 450 millilitres brown veal stock
- salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 160C/Gas 3. Melt the butter in a saucepan and fry the bacon and mushrooms for 3 minutes. Mix them with the chopped parsley, lemon rind and juice, breadcrumbs and seasoning.
- Spread an equal amount of the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the beef slices, leaving a narrow boarder clear around the edge. Roll up the slices and tie securly with fine string then dip the beef rols in the flour to coat lightly shaking off any excess flour.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, then fry the beef rolls until lightly browned. remove and keep warm. Add the onions and fry until browned. Pour in the stock, pouring constantly, bring to a boil stirring and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the rolls to a casserole, pour the sauce over the top, then cover with a tight fitting lid and cook in the oven for 2 hours. Lift out the “olives” using a slotted spoon and remove from string. Return them to the sauce and serve hot.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe