Best Beef Burgers
July 12, 2010 0 Comments
|Best Beef Burgers||
Recipe Type: Main
These burgers are far tastier than anything you can buy
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon small onion finely chopped
- 450 gram minced lean beef
- 1 gram garlic clove crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 dash worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs, parsley,thyme, oregano
- 1 tablespoon lightly beaten egg
- tablespoon salt and freshly ground black pepper
- tablespoon flour for shaping
- Heat the oil in a pan, add onion and cook for 5 minutes until soft. Remove from pan drain on kitchen paper and leave to cool.
- Mix together minced beef, garlic, spices, tomato puree, mustard, worcestershire sauce, herbs, beaten egg and seasoning in a bowl. Stir in cooled onions.
- Sprinkle a board with flour and shape the mixture into four or six burgers with floured hands. Cover and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in the pan and fry over a moderate heat for about 5 minutes each side, depending on how well cooked you like them. These are great for the barbecue.
- Serve with a mixed salad, relish, and chips or roasties.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe