September 20, 2010
Recipe Type: Dessert
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 40 mins
This is a lovely dessert and you can use whatever fruits are in season, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries etc. It’s lovely cold and will hold well in the fridge for a few days.
- 300g short crust pastry
- 50g butter at room temperature
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 125g ground almonds
- Few drops vanilla essence
- 250g raspberries
- 50g flaked almonds
- 1 tablespoon of icing sugar
- Whipped cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200c. Roll out the pastry into 2 x 27.5 x 7.5cm (11 x 3inch) rectangles on a lightly floured surface.
- Place on a non-stick baking tray and prick with a fork. Bake for five minutes until set but not coloured.
- Beat the butter and sugar together with an electric beater until light and fluffy. Stirr in the egg, ground almond and vanilla to make a stiff paste. Spread the paste over the pastry base leaving a border of the almond mixture around the edge.
- Press the raspberries into the paste, scatter over the flaked almonds and dust with the sifted icing sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25mins until puffed up and lightly golden.
- Leave on the baking sheet for a few minutes to cool then carefully lift onto a wire rack to cool.
- To serve, cut into slices and serve with cream.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe