Lamb Cutlets with a Potato and Fresh Herb Crust
July 10, 2011
|Lamb Cutlets with a Potato and Fresh Herb Crust||
Recipe Type: Main
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- 12 lamb cutlets, well trimmed and all the fat removed – your butcher will do this for you!
- 750g/11/2 lbs new potatoes, peeled
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves – no stalks
- 2 large egg yolks, beaten
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Grate the potatoes finely and remove the excess water by putting the grated potato in a clean cloth or strong paper towel and squeezing. Do not rinse the grated potato as we need all the starch that has come from the potato.
- Put the potato in a bowl and add the garlic, herbs and egg yolks. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Divide the mix in 12. Wrap each lamb cutlet completely with the mixture.
- Heat the oil over a moderate heat in two heavy based frying pans. Add the lamb cutlets and cook for 3–4 minutes either side until the potato is tender and crispy and the lamb still a little pink.
Fat: 34.05g Fiber: 2.56g Protein: 46.9
Serve 3 lamb cutlets per person with some fresh vegetables and a salad of grated carrot and orange tossed in a little French dressing.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe