July 10, 2011
Recipe Type: Main
Especially nice on cold days
- 900 grams minced lamb
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 3 sticks of celery diced
- 6 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 350 millilitres stock (lamb, beef, veal)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- dash of worcestershire sauce
- 800 grams creamy mashed potatos
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Boil the patatoes and mash with butter, milk, salt and pepper to season.
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan/casserole dish, when the oil is hot add the onion, carrot and celery. Cover and reduce the heat to sweat. When softened remove the lid and turn to high heat.
- Add the minced lamb and cook untill brown. Stir in tomato puree and mustard then add the hot stock and chopped rosmary. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and simmer over a low heat for 15 minutes.
- Cover the mince with the creamy potato and brush the top with melted butter.
- Cook in a preheated oven for 50 minutes at 180c until golden on top.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe