July 10, 2010 0 Comments
Recipe Type: Main
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and cruhed
- 1.25 centimetres root ginger, peeled and chopped(1/2 inch thickness)
- 2 teaspoons ground corriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 onion peeled and sliced
- 675 grams of lamb cubed (use gigot chops, trim well and dice)
- 75 grams ground almonds
- 300 millilitres lamb stock
- 150 millilitres natural yogurt
- 85 millilitres double cream
- desiccated coconut to garnish
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add garlic, coriander,, cumin, chilli powder, turmeric, and garam masala and cook for 1 minute. Stir in onion and lamb and continue to cook stirring frequently for approx. 7 minutes or until browned.
- Add the ground almonds, stock and yogurt to the pan, stir well, reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Stir in double cream and garnish
For Mushroom Rice
- Place 225g basmati rice with 600mls in a pan and boil, stirring occasionally, for 14 minutes. Drain if necessary.
- Add 175g sliced closed cap mushrooms, 4 tablespoons of chopped parsley and 1 tablespoon of cardamom pods to the rice and cook gently for 5 minutes
- Finally, spoon rice into a serving dish and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin.
Serve on a bed of mushroom rice.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe