Eastern Lamb Casserole
July 10, 2010
|Eastern Lamb Casserole||
Recipe Type: Main
Great recipe for winter and for those that like lamb with a difference
- 480 grams lean lamb cubed (shoulder or neck)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground corriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 x 400 grams can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons tomato puree
- 125 grams dried apricots
- 250 millilitres stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the lamb in a bowl and add the spices and oil, then mix well together.
- Heat a non-stick casserole dish/pot and add the spiced lamb.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on cooker top until brownd.
- Remove lamb using a slotted spoon ang place to one side.
- Cook the onion, garlic, tomatoes and tomato puree for about 4 minutes and season. Return the meat to the casserole dish and add all the apricots and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 4-5 minutes.
- Place the casserole in the oven on low to medium heat and cook for 1.5-2 hours until meat is tender.
Serve garnished with freshly chopped corriander and fresh crispy bread.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe