Warm Salad of Lamb’s Liver and Smoked Bacon
July 10, 2010
|Warm Salad of Lamb’s Liver and Smoked Bacon||
Recipe Type: Salad
A great summer salad recipe.
- a little olive oil
- 225 grams streaky dry cured bacon
- 225 grams lamb’s liver
- 1 tablespoon seasoned flour
- 8 handfuls salad of mixed leaves
- 50 grams cheese of your choice
- 3 tablespoons Sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 generous teaspoon grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- salt, freshly ground pepper and a little sugar to taste
- Trim bacon removing the rind and cut into small strips. Heat a little olive oil in frying pan, when it is smoking add the bacon and fry until evenly golden and crisp.
- While the bacon is cooking prepare the liver, dry on kitchen paper and cut thinly into even sized strips and toss in seasoned flour.
- Remove browned bacon from pan, drain and keep warm. Add the liver with a little extra olive oil to the pan and cook briskly to crisp the outside leaving the inside a little pink.
- Toss the leaves in the dressing and divide onto warm plates.
- Sprinkle with cubes of cheese.
- Sprinkle with bacon lardons.
- Finally place liver on top.
Serve immediately with fresh crust bread.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe