Leg of Lamb Roasted with Mustard and Rosemary
Leg of lamb is a great meal to serve for family and friends. Serve with roast potatoes and some simple steamed vegetables.
|Leg of Lamb Roasted with Mustard and Rosemary||
- 1 leg of lamb, 2½ kg, well trimmed
- 2 tablesp. good quality mustard
- 2 tablesp. soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teasp. rosemary leaves, chopped
- 2-3cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablesp. olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (430°F) Gas Mark 7.
- Place the lamb in a roasting tin. Mix the mustard, soy sauce, garlic, rosemary and ginger together and then gradually stir in the olive oil to make a paste. Spread this mixture over the lamb.
- Put in the oven and roast for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 180°C (350°F) Gas Mark 4 and continue to roast for another 50 minutes. The lamb will be cooked medium at this stage. Remove from the oven, wrap the lamb loosely in foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
Roast potatoes and red onions roasted alongside the lamb – peel and quarter potatoes and some red onions and mix with a little olive oil, bay leaves and seasoning. Roast for the last 50 minutes in the roasting tin with the lamb.
Serve with steamed vegetables.