Roast Rack of Lamb with Onion and Thyme
July 10, 2010 0 Comments
|Roast Rack of Lamb with Onion and Thyme||
Recipe Type: Main
- Rack of lamb
- 2 x 900 kilogram rack of lamb
- kilogram finely grated rind of one lemon
- 4 tablespoon oatmeal
- 1 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- tablespoons salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Onion and thyme
- 1 tablespoons large onion
- 4 tablespoons sprigs of thyme
- tablespoons olive oil for frying
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Trim most of the skin and any fat from the meat.
- Mix the lemon rind, oatmeal, breadcrumbs, parsley and seasoning, and stir in the melted butter.
- Brush each rack of lamb with honey, then press the oatmeal mixture evenly over the surface until well coated.
- Place the racks in the roasting tin with oatmeal side facing up. Roast for 40 to 50 minutes, depending on how you like your lamb. Cover if it starts to brown too much.
- Make gravy with the pan juices, adding a little red wine and seasoning.
- Slowly cook the onion in olive oil with fresh thyme and seasoning.
- Serve the rack of lamb on a bed of mashed potato with onion and thyme, and the red wine flavoured lamb jus.
- This dish can be accompanied by a selection of steamed vegetables.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe