Skewers of Lamb with Mint
July 10, 2010 0 Comments
|Skewers of Lamb with Mint||
Recipe Type: Main
- 300 millilitres Greek-style yogurt
- 1/2 garlic clove-crushed
- genorous pinch saffron powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lamb neck fillets (about 675g total)
- 1 aubergine-cut into dices
- 2 small red onions-quartered
- salt and ground black pepper
- small fresh mint leaves-to garnish
- mixed salad and hot pitta bread-to serve
- Mix the yogurt, garlic, saffron, mint, honey, oil and pepper together in a shallow dish.
- Trim the lamb and cut into 2.5cm/1in cubes. Add to the marinade and stir until well coated. Cover and leave to marinate for at least 4 hours, or preferably over night.
- Blanch the diced aubergine in a saucepan of boilin salted water for about 1-2 minutes. Drain well and then pat dry on kitchen paper.
- Remove the diced lamb form the marinade. Tread the lamb, aubergine and onion pieces alternatly on skewers. If you are using wooden skewers soak them in water first. this will prvent them from charring during grilling. Grill for 10-12 minutes turning and basting ocassionaly with the marinade, until the lamb is tender.
Serve the skewers garnished with mint leaves and accompanied with mixed salad and hot pitta bread.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe