Lamb with Mint Sauce
July 10, 2010
|Lamb with Mint Sauce||
- 8 lamb noisettes 2-2.5cm 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons medium-bodied dry white wine/ vegetable or veal stock
- salt and ground black pepper
- Fresh mint sprigs-to garnish
- Mint Sauce
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1-2 teaspoons granulated sugar leaves from a small bunch of fresh mint-finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine viegar
- To make the sauce stir the water and sugar together, then add the mint, vinegar to taste and season with salt and black pepper. Leave for 30 minutes.
- Season the lamb with pepper. heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the lamb,in batches if necessary so that the pan is not crowded, for about 3 minutes on each side so the meat is pink in the middle.
- Transfer the lamb to a warm plate and season with salt, then cover and kep warm.
- Stir the wine or stock into the cooking juices, dislodging the sediment, then pour over the lamb. Garnish the lamb noisettes with small sprigs of mint and serve hot with the mint sauce.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe