Sole Goujons with Lime Mayonaise
July 10, 2010
|Sole Goujons with Lime Mayonaise||
Recipe Type: Main
- 675 grams sole fillets (or other white fish)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 115 grams fresh white breadcrumbs
- oil for deep frying
- salt and ground black pepper
- lime wedges to serve
- 200 millilitres mayonaise
- 1 small garlic clove crushed
- 2 teaspoons capers-rinsed and chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped gherkins
- Finely grated rind of half a lime
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh corriander
For the lime mayonaise:
- Mix together the mayonaise, garlic, capers, gherkins, lime rind and juice and chopped corriander. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl and chill until required.
- Cut the sole fillets into finger-length strips, dip into beaten egg and then dip into the read crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a deep fat fryer to 180c. Add the fish in batches and fry until golden brown and crisp. Drain well on kitchen paper.
- Pile the goujons on to warm serving plates and serve with the lime wedges for squeezing over. Hand the lime mayonaise round seperately.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe