Slow Cooked Shoulder of Lamb
July 10, 2010
|Slow Cooked Shoulder of Lamb||
Recipe Type: Main
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- freshly ground black pepper and sea salt to season
- 2 pints vegetable stock (use 1/2 pint white wine if available)
- Preheat the oven to 220c or Gas Mark 7.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy casserole with lid and seal the meat until browned.
- Place all the ingredients with lamb in the casserole and bring to the boil. Cook in oven at 150c for at least seven hours and keep a watch on liquid – dont let it dry out and turn down heat if browning too fast.
- Remove from the oven, wrap the lamb loosely in foil and allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
Serve with new potatoes, salad or steamed vegetables.
Leftover lamb is delicious in sandwiches or wrap for next day lunch. Serve with our apple and mint jelly.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe