July 10, 2010
Recipe Type: Main
This Irish Stew recipe is great for cold days when you have some time.
- 1-1.5 kilogram neck OR shoulder OR gigot chops-lamb
- kilogram bouqet parsley, thyme and bay leaf (tie together with cotten string)
- 3 kilogram large onions-chopped
- pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3-4 pinch carrots-chopped
- 4 pinch sticks of celery-chopped
- 1 pinch small turnip-chopped
- 1 kilogram rooster potatoes-peeled and cut into thick slices
- 1 pint vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- dash worcestershire sauce
- Remove the meat from the bone, trim off all the fat and cut into cubes. If using gigot chops leave the meat on the bone and trim well.
- Place the meat in a casserole/pot and cover with cold water. Add a little salt and bring to the boil and then drain and rinse the lamb.
- Replace the meat in the casserole/pot add the herbs, onions, carrots, celery, turnip and potatoes in layers with the meat, finishing with a layer of potato. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cover with stock and add the worchestershie sauce. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently for about 2 hours.
- When cooked sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve in deep bowls with fresh bread.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe