Lamb chops with Rosemary
|Lamb Chops with Rosemary||
- 8 Lamb chops
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 3 Sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Plain flour
- 150 millilitres Red wine
- 200 millilitres Vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon Red Currant Jelly
- Cut garlic in half and rub the chops well. Chop the rosemary and sprinkle over the chops and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy frying pan. Add chops and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through (you may need to cook in two batches). Transfer to a hot plate and keep warm. Remove pan from the heat.
- Blend the flour into the pan juices and cook for 30 seconds. Gradually blend in the wine, stock, and redcurrant jelly and bring to the boil continually stirring. Boil until slightly thickened.
Serve the chops with the sauce and sprinkle with the remaining chopped rosemary.
This dish is delicious with creamy mashed potatoes, and fresh garden peas cooked with a sprig of fresh mint.